Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wilmington!

On Tuesday my sister and I hit the road at 6:30 am and headed to Wilmington, NC. We had signed up to be extras on one of our favorite tv shows “One Tree Hill” quite a few times and finally got picked. Wilmington is where the show is filmed…btw Dawson’s Creek was also filmed in Wilmington!


Downtown Wilmington


We got to Wilmington around lunch time and did a little shopping because we had a few hours to kill before we had to head over to the filming location. We also got some lunch at a Brewery downtown which was delicious!

Enjoying a cold beer at lunch!




My sis and I also went to some of the OTH filming locations. We only went to a few because we visited Wilmington the summer before (which I wrote about here) and hit up some of the OTH hotspots! I will add that if you have never been to Wilmington you have to go(even if you aren’t a OTH fan/Dawson fan)! The town is adorable and one of my favorites to visit!



Earlier that day we had received an email that disclosed where they would be filming. The location was behind the Ford dealership.



When we pulled in there were trailers set up in the parking lot for the actors/actresses/makeup/wardrobe! Immediately, we got so excited!

Lisa Goldstein's Trailer (she plays Millicent Huxtable)


We continued on to where we were told to park and chatted with other people that were going to be extras for the day. Most people had received a part but my sister and I had not…they also told us that they were overbooked with extras for the day. Casting call had gotten moved back to 5 p.m… so we were starting to get nervous. Our drive was 4.5/5 hrs and I had to work the next day. They warned us that they could shoot for 9 or more hours (the day before filming started at 9 a.m. and ended at 8 p.m.)… not looking good…we had to make a decision.

Crew Trailers


We decided to drive back out to where the trailers were set up and wait and see if we could see anyone/get pictures with anyone when they came out. We waited for a while and finally decided to leave and head back home. We didn’t get to be extras and we didn’t get to meet anyone from the show. We later saw on Twitter that about 3 hours later Sophia Bush (Brooke Davis) and Austin Nichols (Julian Baker) came out to take pictures with everyone waiting…epic fail on our parts…we could have gotten to meet them. However, there was a positive that turned out from leaving early…we got to stop at Fazoli’s on our way home. Now I know what you are thinking, “how in the world was Fazoli’s a highlight”. Well, we grew up eating Fazoli’s in Wisco and love it. We don’t have any close by and the last few times I’ve been in Wisco I haven’t gotten it. I limited myself to 1 breadstick and only had half of my baked spaghetti…deeeelicious.

Even though we didn’t get to be extras and we didn’t get to meet anyone from the show I still had a blast and would do it again. I got to spend the whole day with my sister (remember, she’s leaving me soon for Boston), we got to go to one of the most adorable towns and see “behind the scenes” stuff from one of our favorite shows…all in all, a great great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment