Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday Funday!

Oh Sunday Funday, what a great day you were. It’s very rare these days that all four of us are home and aren’t running around to a million different places throughout the day. On Sunday we all spent the day together cooking, eating, and hanging out! It was a blast!

My day began with cleaning my room and helping my sister clean hers. (Aren't I a great sister!) We both purged our closets of clothes that we don’t wear anymore (we even got rid of the stuff that you say “Oh, I might wear that soon” or “Oh, I’ll fit into that again”)…that’s progress. There was one exception though and it’s a pair of jeans I had my freshmen year of college. They’re from Abercrombie and Fitch which means they’re already a size or two smaller than other jeans and I LOVE them. Sadly, they don’t fit anymore …thank you freshmen 15 plus quite a few more…but I am determined that they will fit again…which is why I keep them. Anyways, I’ve decided that when they do fit I will wear them THAT day…even if it’s Monday-Thursday (We can wear jeans on Fridays)…I even warned my co-workers. Okay back to my Sunday.

After cleaning I ran out to the mall quick with my mom. It was tax free weekend here and it was also Friends and Family at GAP. I had done my fair share of stimulating the economy the day before so I only allowed myself to go into the GAP. I was super disappointed too and walked out empty handed. GAP you need to step it up a bit.

My mom and I then stopped at the grocery store to get the stuff to make Fried Pickles. I LOVE fried pickles and order them quite frequently when out for happy hour. I’ve wanted to make them for a few weeks but haven’t had the time. I wasn’t sure how they would turn out but they were DELICIOUS! (I’ll get back to them in a second).

Before we made the pickles my sister made homemade Juicy Peach Margaritas. I opted out because I’m trying to stick to the WW but I did have a taste test. These ritas were TO.DIE.FOR. You absolutely MUST try them. We got the recipe from this blog (one of our most favorites ever, "How Sweet It Is")…I have to warn you that you might gain weight by just looking at it. Her recipes are fabulous and we have tried a bunch and have yet to find one that we didn’t like. My sister served the min our Redneck Wine Glasses. All in all, we will be making these again soon...like on Thursday soon.

Blending the peaches!


Additional peaches before pouring in the Rita...is your mouth watering yet??? Mine definitely is!



Oh, hello there Peach Margarita. I recommend that you make these asap...as in this week.


Then it was onto the fried pickles. I assisted in making these. It was the first time I have ever fried anything so it was both a learning experience and interesting.

The pickles being soaked in buttermilk, hot sauce and garlic powder.


Coated with Uncle Bubba's Frying Mix!



The finished product aka deliciousness.


Now believe it or not, I managed to NOT go over my points on Sunday and I lost .6 pounds last week. .6 may not sound like lot but hey I have to celebrate small victories in order to keep going with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment