Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cabin Weekend-Summer Edition

I'm finally getting a chance to blog about my trip to Wisco last weekend! I left Thursday around lunch time and arrived in Atown late afternoon. Kal picked me up and we immediately headed to do a little shopping for the weekend. I then met up with three of my high school friends Nick,Nate and Jordan for dinner and drinks! I hadn't seen my Nate in 2.5 years because he is currently teaching English in Korea. It was so great to see all of them and we had a blast at dinner! I left dinner with an aching stomach from laughing so hard. It was a great way to kick off the weekend.

Nick, Nate, Jordan and me!


Nate and me!


After dinner, Kal picked me up and we headed up to Katie's cabin. There were a few of us up there and at midnight we began celebrating Tess's birthday!




We had a jam out session and two of the song favorites were Taylor Swift's "Mean" and Jalson Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem"


Friday we got up and began the day with a run...yes a run. It was quite difficult on my part as I had one too many Spotted Cows the night before. We were then off to do grocery shopping and headed to the lake to spend the day on the Fun Station. I loooved the Fun Station!

The Fun Station!




Our other friends began to arrive around dinner time. We spent the evening hanging out, catching up and having a good old time!

Saturday morning I got up to run with Kal and Erik. I struggled to keep up with them but am happy that I made the effort to go. We then spent the day on the lake, hanging out and playing outdoor games. It was a blast. Saturday evening we all got ready and headed to the local bar. It turns out they had a DJ and a big cookout which was a blast. We danced and danced and danced!

The Girls


The Pillars...aka these people have been at all 4 cabin weekends. I missed the summer edition last year because we had a family vacation planned.




Dancing!


These pictures don't do justice as to how much fun the weekend was. I already am counting down for the winter edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment