Friday, June 10, 2011

"Complicated"

Do you have a song or songs that always remind you of a certain time in your life? I feel like I have quite a few and when “Complicated” by Avril Lavigne came on the radio this morning it reminded me of the summer in high school between Sophomore and Junior year. This was one of my favorite.summers.thus far. I had just gotten my driver’s license and thought I was “so cool”. I mean didn’t we all? We no longer had to rely on our parents to cart us around town and we could blare music without being told to turn it down. “Complicated” had just been released so the local radio station over course over played it. As I was reflecting and reminiscing it also reminded me of the “Walk to Remember” soundtrack which I listened to so much that summer that I wore my copy out. By the way, that is an awesome soundtrack and I highly recommend it 

That summer was my last “full summer” in Appleton before my family moved which is another reason why I think it was a favorite of mine. I didn’t realize at the time how great a summer with zero obligations was. I would get up, hang out, eat, go to the pool, hang out with friends and then repeat…every.single.day..ahh the good life. I can’t believe that it has been NINE years since that summer…where does the time go?!?!

I’m looking forward to making this summer a “top summer”. I have lots of trips and things planned on the weekend. I’m also looking forward to seeing what songs will take me back to this summer, someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment