Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Post Is Not A Healthy One!

I have to warn you, nothing about this blog post is healthy...AT ALL! Okay well maybe there's one thing healthy and that would be the salad...but other than that its just plain out horrible.

As I've written about before, my sis is moving to Boston. Sadly, that day is quickly approaching as she leaves a week from Friday. Before she leaves she is determined to cook a ton of food. She will be living in a dorm, for the first time in her life, and will be sans kitchen. My sister is an amazing cook and I try to convince her to go to culinary school on a daily basis...however she is not. I try to refrain myself from entering a food coma when she cooks but its just so good and I know my time of her cooking is limited. I know that I'm supposed to write about eating healthy and losing weight but this food was too good not to share and I have to brag about my baby sister and her awesome cooking abilities (Juli, if you are reading this, you should go to Culinary school!)

First we began the meal with appetizers. Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Balsamic Vinegar. We also had Havarti cheese and bread...enter phase one of the food coma I am currently in.



For the main course we had bread (yes more, mmm carbs) with melted butter and honey. Salad with cucumber, tomato, parmesan cheese and a special dressing and Pastina. The Pastina has peas, carrots, pasta and a white sauce. It's one of Giada de Laurentiis's recipes...and it was freaking fabulous.



For dessert we had the below! It was pie crust, with chocolate chip cookie for the first layer, funfetti cake and then frosting. We found it via Pinterest...YUM!


Time to nurse my food coma! Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment