Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fly Away Home


I was flying back a few weeks ago from Chicago and my flight got delayed a couple of hours. Once my iPad decided it didn’t want to connect to the internet anymore I needed something to do to pass the time…because sitting there and staring at people waiting at the gate is not my idea of fun (it seems to be fun to others). Anyways, I wandered into a bookstore and purchased “Fly Away Home” by Jennifer Weiner. Jennifer Weiner also wrote “In Her Shoes” which was made into a movie a few years ago.

I began reading it and was instantly hooked. However, I didn’t have time to finish reading it until the other day. The book is about a politician’s family. The main character, Sylvie Woodruff, finds out that her husband had an affair. The book details her struggles to figure out how to deal with the affair and how she figure out who she truly is. Sylvie and her husband have two daughters, Diana and Lizzie. Of the two daughters, Diana has always been the one to have everything together. She graduated from medical school, has a nice house, husband and a child but yet something is still missing. Lizzie, who is just returning from rehab when the book begins, also realizes that a lot has been missing from her life. The affair ends up bringing the two daughters and mom closer than they have ever been and helps them to find each of their direction in life.

Overall I loved this book and would highly recommend it. If you’re heading to the beach this summer it is a great beach read!

No comments:

Post a Comment