Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Well I have some exciting news to report on the WW front! As of yesterday, I am down 15 lbs!!! WOO HOO!!! I had gained a pound last week, so I was so excited to be down three lbs this week!!! Now to stay strong this weekend at the cabin...my game plan is to eat and drink what I want, in moderation. I have to put a little disclaimer on that sentence though. I am about to spend the weekend with some of my most favorite people.in.the.world. Some of them who I have not seen in over a year! Anyways, I thankfully have my WW app on my phone (I'll discuss more about that in a minute) so I'll let that little thing assist me :)

On to more WW stuff...I saw that JH (Jennifer Hudson) was on the Oprah show the other day! She is seriously looking AHMAZING and she revealed that she lost 80 lbs on the WW! I read that she says she prepares her own food and this made me verryy excited. I sometimes get annoyed with celebrities that endorse diet plans. I mean, if I had all of the money in the world and could hire a personal chef and trainer...I could probably drop a bunch of weight too! I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions when I see or hear that a celeb has lost a lot of weight, but I do. I think that the WW is a great lifestyle (not diet) and it does work.



Next I want to touch on two food items that I love! I like to share the food that I am eating because I get excited when I find healthier options that I enjoy. This first one is from Panera and it is their new Thai Chicken Salad. I have tried to find a few things at my favorite restaurants that I can not only eat to stay on plan, but can also ENJOY! I love this salad so much that I find myself thinking about it and going to Panera more than usual! Not sure if you can tell in the below picture but the salad as edamame and wonton strips! I get the full salad and it has 10 pts. It is a LOT of food and more than fills me up. For the dressing I get the Low Fat Thai Chili Vinaigrette for 1 pt. While 11 pts for a lunch may seem like a lot, this is VERY filling and you could get to meals out of it if you want! I think its important to eat your biggest meal during the day so that is another reason why I love this salad.



The last food item is a snack/dessert that is so good! Have you ever had the cinnamon twists at Taco Bell? They are delicious buut they are not so good for you. Anyways, I found these at Sam's club the other day and thought I would try them out. I am HOOKED! I was already a fan of the Veggie Straws. These taste like apple and cinnamon and you can have 38 of them for 3 points! Yessss! They are made by a company called Sensible Portions. I have already had 38 of them today! If you like cinnamon and apple, check them out! You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment