Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm baaaack.

Helloooo blog world! I am back from my trip to DC! I had a great week at training and learned a lot of new things. It is nice to be home though!

I did manage to work out while I was gone but the whole eating according to plan thing didn't go so well. I didn't do bad, but I didn't do great either...story of my life. fail.

Anyways, Brianna and I left for DC Monday night. We got in around 8 and went to eat at this restaurant called Oya, an Asian restaurant. It was delicious! I had the most amazing Riesling wine.

Tuesday was the first day of training. I got up and went to the gym at the hotel to work out before hand. I have never been one to get up before work to workout. I can’t seem to wake up and get out of bed any earlier than what I have to in order to be at work on time. So this was quite the accomplishment for me. It felt great to have my workout in early and know that I didn’t have to worry about fitting it in once training was over. That evening we had a reception to go to at the hotel and then we headed out for a little bit.

Wednesday morning Brianna and I woke up and went running outside. Again, it was a shock that I was able to get up before work and be functioning enough to burn some calories. I can’t tell you how great it felt! Plus the scenery wasn’t so bad either. Below are some of the things that we saw on our run.

The White House


The Lincoln Memorial (currently being worked on)


That evening we had dinner with our trade attorneys and called it a day. I had a chance to catch up with my friend Meagan from high school. We were supposed to meet up but dinner went late so we chatted on the phone instead. It’s was so great to catch up with an old friend. I have known her since I was 8 and I’m so happy we had the opportunity to do so. I will be making it a goal to stay in touch with her going forward!

Yesterday was our last day in DC and were up again before the day started (work wise) to run. I mean holy crap WHO AM I? We had an even better run than the day before and I took some more pictures of some of the monuments. I think that running around that scenery helped to motivate me. When our day was over we had a few hours to kill before our flight left so we did a little shopping. There was a Forever 21 and H&M by our hotel but I was kind of disappointed in what they had and didn’t end up getting much. Forever 21 can be a little overwhelming to me because I’m not one to like to dig through racks looking for clothes. After our shopping was done it was time to head to the airport.

World War 2 Memorial




Overall it was a great week in DC. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home and spending some time at the pool.

Happy Friday! This time next week I will be sipping on a Spotted Cow Beer, my favorite...which I only get when in Wisco. You better believe I'm going to work out a lot and eat super healthy until then so I can really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment