Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From the couch to a 5K!

One of my goals has been to become more of a runner. I eventually want to be able to run races. I have a few friends that do and I think that it would be a blast to travel around, visiting new places, spending time with friends and running. However, I'm not a big fan of running...which is a problem. It's not that I mind running, I think its the fact that I feel like I'm going to die when I do. I used to be in pretty good shape. I played sports all throughout high school and didn't do anything active in college. Now I am not even close to being in shape AT ALL! Anyways, I need to set my goals small so my first is to run a 5L. I found this website and it contains a plan called "From the couch to a 5K" which is PERFECT for me considering I'm stuck on the couch at this point! Whenever I aim for my 5K goal I think that I can get up from the couch and run a 5K that day...which is obviously not realistic! This plan breaks it down over 9 weeks. My goal at the end of the training schedule is to run a 5K.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Sooo this got me thinking...if I'm going to start running I'm going to need cute clothes! Cute running clothes will be a motivator for me! Look at the cute stuff I found below! I will be running a 5K in no time...oorr at least looking stylish while I attempt to, right?!?!


I love peace signs!


A nice fleece for when its cold!


Comfy pants!

Now I just need to start! Week 1, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment